72 Oz Algae Complete
- BioGuard’s most complete and best preforming algicide
- Dual active ingredients to both prevent and kill algae
- No need to pre-dissolve
- Non-staining and non-foaming
- Can be used with the BioGuard 3-Step Care System
- Kills and prevents all types of algae
- Works with most types of sanitizers (Except biguanide)
- Formula does not stain pools
Initially apply 8 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
Thereafter, for weekly application add 1-1/2 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals add 3 ounces per 10,000 gallons of water every other week.
Visible Algae Dosage
Add 16 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water
Prior To Application
- Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary clean the filter system.
- Adjust pH between 7.2-7.6
- Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels. In chlorine-treated pools, add stabilizer to establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of cyanic acid to reduce the degrading effects of sunlight on chlorine residual.
- Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool.
- Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pool's surface with a surface-compatible brush.
To Prevent Pool Algae
- Initially apply 8 ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water.
- Thereafter, for weekly application add 1-1/2 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals add 3 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment Of Visible Pool Algae
- Apply a BioGuard oxidizer per label directions.
- Allow to circulate for 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 fluid ounces of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surfaces.
- Prior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.
Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride]: 6.50%
Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate**: 13.07%
Other Ingredients: 80.43%
**Metallic Copper: 3.3%