- Introduces a buffering compound, making pH easier to keep in balance
- One easy step
- Controls pH for up to two full months
Calcium Hardness less than 150 ppm:
32 fl oz per 300 to 500 gallons of water.
Calcium Hardness more than 150 ppm:
64 fl oz per 300 to 500 gallons of water.
- First, drain and clean the spas surfaces with SpaGuard Surface Cleaner and clean the filter with SpaGuard Filter Cleaner & Degreaser.
- Refill your spa with fresh water. Important: The heater should be off before the addition of Spa Sentry. The heater should remain off until all cloudiness has been cleared by filtration.
- All additions of product should be made with the spa water circulating.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness less than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) add1 quart (1 bottle) of Spa Sentry per 300 to 500 gallons of spa water.
- If dissolved calcium is present, the water softening action of Spa Sentry will precipitate the calcium, allowing your filter to remove it.
- The water may cloud when product is added, indicating that Spa Sentry is working to remove excess calcium.
- If clouding occurs, circulate the spa for 24 hours.
- Then remove cartridge filters and rinse away excess calcium with strong stream of water.
- Backwash sand and D.E. filters.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness greater than 150 ppm (195 ppm total hardness) a total of 2 quarts of Spa Sentry will be needed for each 300 to 500 gallons of water.
- Add the first quart of Spa Sentry and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours (use high speed if 2 speed pump).
- Clean the filters (rinse cartridges or backwash sand or D.E.).
- Add the second quart of Spa Sentry, and circulate the spa water through the filtration system for 24 hours.
- Clean filter again.
- If your fill water has calcium hardness greater than 300 ppm (390 ppm total hardness), consult your BioGuard Dealer before using this product.
Phosphate Buffer: 36.3%, Inert Ingredients: 63.7%