- Our premium formula, highly effective, kills ALL types of algae
- Fast-acting, non-foaming, producing results in 24 hours
- Use in chlorine or bromine pools with all surfaces or filter types
1.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of water per week, or 3 oz per 10,000 gallons of water every other week
16 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of water.
Prior to application:
Ensure all equipment is working properly. If necessary, clean the filer system, adjust pH between 7.2-7.6, and establish a minimum level of 30-40 ppm of stabilizer in chlorinated pools. Vacuum leaves and any other foreign debris from pool. If metal testing indicates a need to use a stain and scale inhibitor, apply that product per label directions. Brush visible algae thoroughly from the pools surface with a surface-compatible brush. Establish and maintain proper chlorine or bromine levels.
To Prevent Pool Algae:
- Initially apply 8 oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water with pump and filter operating.
- Thereafter, for weekly application intervals, add 1.5 oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water. For two week application intervals, add 3 fl oz per 10,000 gallons of pool water every other week. Apply more often if pool volume is diluted by heavy rain, frequent backwashing or partial drain/refill.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after application before entering pool.
Treatment of visible algae:
- Add 1 lb of BioGuard Maintain BurnOut 3 per 10,000 gallons of pool water or 1 lb Burnout 35 per 6,000 gallons of pool water or 1 lb BioGuard Smart Shock per 12,000 gallons of pool water. Follow application directions on these products.
- Allow to circulate 1 hour.
- With pump and filter operating, apply 16 oz of this product per 10,000 gallons of pool water directly to the pool water in areas of heaviest algae growth.
- Continuously circulate pool water for 24 hours.
- The next day, thoroughly brush pool surface.
- Pior to re-entry, test chlorine level. Do not enter pool until chlorine level is between 1-4 ppm.
- In cases of persistent algae, repeat brushing and product application after 2-4 days.
- The use of a filter aid will enhance filter efficiency and algae removal
- Chemically cleaning the filter is recommend 3 to 4 days after treatment.
Copper (metallic): 3.3%, Other Ingredients: 96.7%